The Gandalf Group was commissioned by the Canadian Vintners Association to study direct-to-consumer shipping of Canadian wines.
- Nearly all Canadians (87%) believe that consumers should be permitted to order wine for delivery to their home from any Canadian winery located in any province.
- 8% of Canadians believe that Canada’s agricultural and wine industries will benefit if there are more ways in which local wine can be purchased.
- 85% of Canadians believe that consumers will benefit if there are more convenient ways to purchase Canadian wine.
- 83% of Canadians believe the wine industry in Canada will have the potential to grow and be a more robust source of employment.
- 81% of Canadians believe the Canadian wine industry contributes to the economic vitality of agriculture in rural areas.
- 76% of Canadians believe the Canadian wine industry enriches Canada’s cultural life.
- 74% believe Canadian wine can compete internationally.